What are paper prints made of?
- My Paper prints are printed onto a professional grade 285gsm heavy weight photo paper - perfect for displaying brilliant colours with a semi-gloss finish.
- This paper is sourced from sustainable forests and awarded the Nordic Swan Award - one of the world’s toughest and most recognized environmental certifications.
What is the difference between a paper print and a canvas print?
- Paper prints are slightly more vibrant than canvas prints, but they require framing behind glass.
- Paper prints are a heavy weight paper with a beautiful semi-gloss sheen, they arrive packaged with a rigid cardboard backing board in a clear plastic sleeve for protection during transit – ready for you to pop straight into a store bought frame, or take to a local framer.
- Canvas prints are stretched over a pine stretcher frame – with neatly folded edges and stapled from behind, the outer sides of the canvas print will be a neutral colour selected from the artwork design itself and will tie in beautifully with the overall artwork.
- Canvas prints are finished on the back with framing tape and strung ready to hang straight onto the wall.
- If you opt to have a timber floating frame added to your canvas print, these beautiful handmade frames will be added to the final canvas print in your chosen colour. This is totally optional but gives the canvas the closest look and feel of an original artwork as I usually frame my original pieces.
Where are your prints produced?
All of my prints are produced locally by Photomart Print Lab, a Hahnemuhle Certified fine art printer in the Illawarra, NSW. I make the hour long drive to visit the studio each time I have one of my artworks professionally reprographed to turn into prints.
It’s incredibly important to me that my prints remain not only Australian made, but LOCALLY made. I need to oversee the printing process personally, check colour edits and know that what my customers are receiving is a product I am 110% proud of.
Can I buy your prints framed?
I currently don’t offer a framing service on paper prints unfortunately – they are sized with store bought frames in mind and are ready to pop into most frames, straight off the shelf.
- I don’t put borders on my prints, you’ll receive a print with the design that fills the full space of the chosen size. I find this important so that regardless of the frame you choose, your print can fit without any borders being visible.
- For store bought frames, I personally find Spotlight’s ‘Frame Depot’ frames a great, high quality yet budget friendly option. Target, Ikea, Kmart and Officeworks all offer frames in sizes A4-A1 in a variety of colours.
- If you want to show off your prints in their best light – I highly recommend custom framing, you can opt for reflection control glass which makes your prints truly shine.
- For larger frames (A0 size especially) you may need to look into custom framing or ‘snap frames’ which can be found online or on Ebay.
Do you paint commissions?
(It’s not you – it’s me….) Sorry I don’t do commissioned artworks. There’s a reason behind this, when I was in my early 20’s I took on a lot of commissioned painting work, and sadly I lost my passion and vision for my art.
By saying no to custom artworks, I feel that I am honouring my art practice, and following my intuition when I am painting only what I feel driven to paint. This is how my best work is produced as I am creating from the heart 100%.
There are so many amazing artists out there that do commissioned work, and I am always happy to pass on names of fellow artists to those who are finding it hard to find someone to create their special artwork.
Thank you for understanding, and please know – it’s seriously NOT you, it’s me… understanding finally in my middle age how to listen to my inner artist and keep the creative flame burning.
How much is shipping?
I have a flat rate shipping charge of $15 for paper prints or calendars, sent express wherever possible. Orders over $100 are shipped for free.
How long does it take for my prints to arrive?
- Pre-orders, canvas prints and most large sized prints (A2-A0) are printed and made to order, please allow up to two weeks for printing and curing, then add on delivery times from the South Coast NSW, which can be between 2-15 working days nationally depending on your location.
- In busy periods please allow extra time for your order to be made and posted, my prints are not mass produced and totally worth the wait I promise!
- I keep most smaller sized prints in stock in my studio, and personally pack and post 2-3 times a week. I endeavor to have all orders posted within 5-7 days. Please allow extra time in busy periods, I am in regional NSW so shipping times vary from 2-10 days depending on your location.
- Paper prints will be posted via Australia post, A4-A3 prints will be sent in a rigid envelope, A2-A0 prints will be rolled and posted in a postal tube.
- If your print is large format and requires custom printing, it will be sent directly from my print lab in Barrack Heights NSW. Tracking information will be updated as soon as I receive it from them.
- Canvas prints will be safely packaged in a custom made triple layer box and sent directly from my print lab in Barrack Heights NSW via courier. Courier carrier depends on what is available at the time of processing, and is usually via Fastway or Sendle. Your shipping information will be updated so that you can track progress.
If you require your made to order print within a 4 week timeframe, please let me know in advance and I will do my best to make it happen. Otherwise, I cannot guarantee the speed in which your order arrives.
How do I track my order?
As soon as I attach a shipping label to your order I will send a tracking number via email, you can usually track the parcel directly from this email.
If your item is being custom printed – I will update your order with a tracking number as soon as I receive it from my print lab.
Do you send internationally?
Unfortunately due to current international postage issues, I have decided to hold off on offering international postage at this time. When the postal system returns to normal I will reconsider this as I would love to send my international followers some arty goodness asap!
Do you offer refunds or exchanges?
If for some reason there is a problem with your order, of course! I am committed to promising you the highest quality prints that I want you to be happy with. If your print arrives damaged or incorrect please get in touch with me and I will arrange a replacement for you asap.
I don’t offer refunds or exchanges for change of mind unfortunately. I do my best to make sure my prints are represented as true to life as possible on my store listings so that you are receiving exactly what you are expecting!. For this reason please choose carefully and read the full product description, including sizing before making a purchase. Thank you for understanding 😊